To make a march like this a reality, we need all the help we can get! Whatever your skill set or interests, we would love to have you as part of our team.
We have three art builds coming up, all hosted at the Democracy Center in Cambridge (45 Mt Auburn St):
- Sunday, July 3, 11 am to 3 pm
- Thursday, July 7, 4 pm to 7:15 pm
- Sunday, July 10, 2 pm to 5 pm
We'll make signs, props and banners for the march, and do some phonebanking to prospective marchers!
If you can't make it to the art builds, you can still get involved by joining one of our working groups:
- Logistics: this team will plan meals and arrange cooking shifts, take care of rides and transportation, ensure that marshalls are trained and ready to go, and work with the faith communities who are hosting us each night. The logistics team needs chefs, drivers, marshalls, route-mappers, and anyone who loves sweating the details. The logistics team meets on Wednesday evenings. To join, email Simon Metcalf, email@example.com, or Becca Henry, Rjhenry@suffolk.edu.
- Arts: this team is working to make the march as beautiful as possible by creating amazing visuals for banners, signs, and more. This team needs graphic designers, videographers, meme-makers, painters, doodlers, and poster-printers. The arts and culture team meets on Tuesday evenings. To join, email Lisa Purdy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Music: We're in the process of forming of a musicians team -- all marches need music for the long days of walking and the evenings spent together! Meetings times are TBD. To join, email Abbie Goldberg, email@example.com.
- Recruitment: Love talking to people? Help spread the word through phonebanking, outreach to local businesses and organizations, and more. Email Marguerite Suozzo-Gale, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media: Good with words? We need your help to get the word out to reporters and editors. This group is in the process of forming -- for now, if you're interested, email Katherine Anderson, email@example.com.